Turkey day , mother bitches !!@!

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
I'm cooking a turkey ..

I am probably the best cook on the planet.

Ok .. let me quantify/clarify,

I'm the best cook on the planet that can also:

a) Kill a mofo with his bare hands.

b) Drop into unknown areas, clear a landing zone using C4 and other more mundane tools then direct thousands of follow on troops into a combat zone.

c) REDACTED

d) Other tasks that no longer have a place outside the "cold War".

.... So yeah, taking A,B,C and D into account I AM the best cook on the planet that ALSO has those attributes.

My secret ingredient ... White vermouth !!

So .. .what you guys doing >???

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I have never taken on the turkey. And I don't plan to anytime soon. I'm lettin mi madre do that. I'll be bringing spinach, pies, whipped cream, cool kiddy stuffs to make cool kiddy drinks, uno ... entertainment type stuffs, snacks, and desserts

Then.. the hub arrives at 7pm. Hopefully the peace is kept and the night goes well =)

I know the boys will have a huge fit of the happies when they see him, so that's good..

And they will be wearing their little "Navy Baby" aquaflage backpacks with toys and stuff.

SlimSkeeter

^^ good luck

My crazy cousin is coming up from about 3 hours south, bringing her kids, cooking dinner, staying for a few days, and generally brightening my week. Sounds like a win, win, WIN for me.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
I haven't celebrated Turkey day for 15 years or more and could care less about it.

"Let's give thanks to the Indians you provided us idiots who didn't have the brains to bring along enough warm clothes, food and other provisions and in return, give them small pox and wipe out entire tribes."

No thanks says I.

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Yep, the man makes the turkey. I started preparing the side dishes:

Homemade Cranberry Sauce - done
Sweet Potato Casserole (without marshmallows) - tomorrow
Caramel Apple Cheesecake - later

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I haven't celebrated Turkey day for 15 years or more and could care less about it.

"Let's give thanks to the Indians you provided us idiots who didn't have the brains to bring along enough warm clothes, food and other provisions and in return, give them small pox and wipe out entire tribes."

No thanks says I.
OR... hundreds of years later....

It could mean an excuse to eat a bunch of good home-cooked food, spend time with family, let the brats mingle with cousin-brats, have a couple drinks with friends and family, and whatever else...?

COINCIDENTALLY

Thanksgiving comes at the end of "harvest time". I wonder. I wonder why it would be that there would be so much food involved? /:)

Whinese FTL

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
Here in Norwegia, we don't have a holiday celebrating the murder and oppression of the local indigenous people.
But the more I think of it, the more I feel that we should!

Mock-a-sami-and-eat-a-bird-day!

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
I'm going to be cooking most of the day, and my parents are coming over. One of our friends might come over with his girlfriend, but its undecided as of right now.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey

No thanks says I.
Why are you always such a downer?