Unnecessary Surgery

gigman

Bad Ass
Founder
Mar 6, 2008
How to Get Sick: Have Unnecessary Surgery

We live in a world that views surgery as a casual occurrence — a way to quickly fix anything that ails us. Remember, however, that you take your life in your hands every time you agree to enter a hospital for surgery. The risk of infection, error, complications, or a dangerous drug interaction may be far greater than most of the problems you face outside the hospital. Also, when it comes to removing "unnecessary" organs, remember this: If it was there when you were born, chances are your Maker intended for it to stay there until you die. No one knows how many children fell victim to the medical myth that it was best to remove the tonsils to prevent tonsillitis — after all, the tonsils served no useful purpose anyway. This myth has since been disproved, but other equally untrue myths persist about the supposedly useless appendix, an organ that many physicians believe has no purpose. The truth is that the appendix and the tonsils are lymphoid tissues serving a very necessary purpose! They are not as unnecessary as some doctors may say.

Your Useful Tonsils
Your tonsils are far from useless. In fact, they're an important part of your immune system, trapping dangerous bacteria before they travel into your lungs and intestines.
Ain't that a bite in the ass?

Titty

Proud White Boy
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Where the sun doesn't shine
Are you saying we need gills?

Apart from Ain't that a bit in the ass? , he really didn't say a damn thing. He took a portion of an article he couldn't understand and made a crappy c/p thread without even bothering to interject an objective opinion on the matter.

Forget unnecessary surgical procedures. He clearly demonstrates one of the most prominent problems in society today- rampant stupidity.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey

We live in a world that views surgery as a casual occurrence — a way to quickly fix anything that ails us. Remember, however, that you take your life in your hands every time you agree to enter a hospital for surgery. The risk of infection, error, complications, or a dangerous drug interaction may be far greater than most of the problems you face outside the hospital. Also, when it comes to removing "unnecessary" organs, remember this: If it was there when you were born, chances are your Maker intended for it to stay there until you die. No one knows how many children fell victim to the medical myth that it was best to remove the tonsils to prevent tonsillitis — after all, the tonsils served no useful purpose anyway. This myth has since been disproved, but other equally untrue myths persist about the supposedly useless appendix, an organ that many physicians believe has no purpose. The truth is that the appendix and the tonsils are lymphoid tissues serving a very necessary purpose! They are not as unnecessary as some doctors may say.

Your Useful Tonsils
Your tonsils are far from useless. In fact, they're an important part of your immune system, trapping dangerous bacteria before they travel into your lungs and intestines.
That's not true. *the tonsil part, that is." My son had what they called "kissing tonsils" constantly...where they were so large, they touched eachother. My tonsils get like that and I cant breathe sometimes..I just know im a chicken shit and wont have them out. He had them taken out 2 years ago, and he gets sick LESS than he ever did before. His throat doesnt bother him, he never gets colds.. more like allergies only.. and he doesnt get upper respiratory infections. People told me the adenoids were there for a reason too.. what reason? They were giving him sleep apnea because they were adult sized in an infant.

So alot of the time, the tonsils are a nuissance.. they are just hanging there with NO purpose.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
That's not true. *the tonsil part, that is." My son had what they called "kissing tonsils" constantly...where they were so large, they touched eachother. My tonsils get like that and I cant breathe sometimes..I just know im a chicken shit and wont have them out. He had them taken out 2 years ago, and he gets sick LESS than he ever did before. His throat doesnt bother him, he never gets colds.. more like allergies only.. and he doesnt get upper respiratory infections. People told me the adenoids were there for a reason too.. what reason? They were giving him sleep apnea because they were adult sized in an infant.

So alot of the time, the tonsils are a nuissance.. they are just hanging there with NO purpose.
See Titty's spot on assessment of gigman's post, realize that no informed response is necessary.

This myth has since been disproved, but other equally untrue myths persist about the supposedly useless appendix, an organ that many physicians believe has no purpose. The truth is that the appendix and the tonsils are lymphoid tissues serving a very necessary purpose! They are not as unnecessary as some doctors may say.

Your Useful Tonsils
The last I checked, the appendix has never been part of the lymphatic system. It is a left over product of the digestive system. Possibly for aide in the digestion of cellulose, hence the appendix is much larger and still functional in your primary consumers (such as a cow). It is useless, but there is no sensible reason for an appendectomy unless you get an appendicitis.

The tonsils are not far from useless. They do serve a function in the body's immune system but are unnecessary, and are not that important. Understand the difference between unnecessary and useless.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle

My tonsils swell like you're describing yours do when I have dairy. I also get dark circles around my eyes and symptoms of an ear infection. Also I have "asthma" when I have too much dairy as well - only the inhalers and whatever don't do a damn thing for it... which would lead me to believe it has to do with the dairy proteins.

I'm not trying to tell you anything about yourself, because this happens in a lot of people for a variety of reasons... but... have you ever looked into whether or not having any sort of dairy affects the size of your tonsils?

gigman

Bad Ass
Founder
Mar 6, 2008
It is amazing all the professionals we have on this forum.
Know It All Mother Fuckers!
The article come from a professional. Funny how everybody knows more than him.
Did you even read the damned article? I thought it was good information.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
Know It All Mother Fuckers!
The article come from a professional. Funny how everybody knows more than him.
Did you even read the damned article? I thought it was good information.
You can have one doctor stating one thing, and another going against it. They're both professionals.. who's right and whos wrong? My sons ENT said that the tonsils had NO purpose and it would be okay to just take them out because of his issues. He's a professional.. Do you seriously believe everything you read and hear? Do your own fucking research.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
My tonsils swell like you're describing yours do when I have dairy. I also get dark circles around my eyes and symptoms of an ear infection. Also I have "asthma" when I have too much dairy as well - only the inhalers and whatever don't do a damn thing for it... which would lead me to believe it has to do with the dairy proteins.

I'm not trying to tell you anything about yourself, because this happens in a lot of people for a variety of reasons... but... have you ever looked into whether or not having any sort of dairy affects the size of your tonsils?

Mine are always big. I can be sick, or in perfect health and the fuckers are always so big. When I get sick from a cold, strep throat or even if a little cold air hits em, they swell up and touch. My mother was like this until she had hers out, my cousin was like this, and Im just a chicken shit and wont have them out. =\

But I wish it was caused by dairy products. That way i could control it.

gigman

Bad Ass
Founder
Mar 6, 2008
You can have one doctor stating one thing, and another going against it. They're both professionals.. who's right and whos wrong? My sons ENT said that the tonsils had NO purpose and it would be okay to just take them out because of his issues. He's a professional.. Do you seriously believe everything you read and hear? Do your own fucking research.
He did get paid for it didn't he? It's all about money.
Dah!

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I am. I'm not a know it all by any means, but when you take pathology and anatomy courses....you learn stuff.

The article come from a professional.
A professional what? Any professional that knew dick about the tonsils and appendix would have given the exact same answer as me.

When ranting about unnecessary surgeries, it's best to stick to bitching about plastic surgery.
Posting about sixteen year olds dying during breast augmentations will net you more agreeable opinions next time.