Valentines day

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
Well, with the purse-strings being pulled ever-tighter after the debacle that was the month of January (the longest and most excrutiatingly slow month known to man) I have decided against taking my honey out for a V day meal - and have decided to cook a romantic dinner inhouse.... again.

Only thing is, I'm stuck with what to cook. :27:

Firstly: he's allergic to anything shellfish aside from prawns (and we live in a coastal town, most known for its amazing shellfish and fish - no bueno!)

Plus he doesn't like pork and is quite picky about fish.....

So - I guess that leaves chicken or beef.

I want something special - just not sure what.... Anyone? And what are your plans for V day?

*cue the vitriolic: "I don't celebrate V day, its just another day which has been mindlessly ravaged by mass-consumerism etc"*

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
Why don't you cook his favourite meal? I know that's a bit boring... but at least you know he'll love it!

As for me and my beau... lord knows. Baby is coming soon, we'll have him by next weekend, so I was thinking of... actually I don't know LOL, whatever it is will be super simple if anything at all.

I'm not very helpful am I?

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
You rang?

Dunno about that day yet, it's waaaaaaaaaaay over there---------------------------> in the future.
Obviously you won't share your plans- as your ladyfriend is on this forum. And I am a planner-in-advance for these kind of things. (Also it's a good thread for SEO)

Why don't you cook his favourite meal? I know that's a bit boring... but at least you know he'll love it!
I guess that's always a possibility!

Baby is coming soon, we'll have him by next weekend
Wow, that is soon! Obviously because you went away and came back already heavily pregnant, but it seems that you've been pregnant just for a week or so. Ha.

Fancypants

Yaa!
Founder
Oct 31, 2013
I made a Valentine's Day themed dinner one year, none of the food even went together I was just going for the cheesy factor.

- Pink tacos: Just normal tacos in some pink sundried tomato tortillas

- Penne alfredo with a little bit of red food coloring so the sauce turned pink

- Sliced beets that I used a small heart shaped cookie cutter to make into little hearts

- Cherubed eggs: Just normal deviled eggs with the filling dyed red

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
I made a Valentine's Day themed dinner one year, none of the food even went together I was just going for the cheesy factor.

- Sliced beets that I used a small heart shaped cookie cutter to make into little hearts
I like these ones...

I made chilli prawns (starter) and then chilli chicken with creamed mashed potato once. Was gooooood... but spicy.

I think the spice is supposed to be an aphrodisiac...?

Fancypants

Yaa!
Founder
Oct 31, 2013
Well it wouldn't be a very meaningful V-Day without some pink taco munching would it?

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
I lolled at the pink tacos too!

I love all that cheesy stuff.. ya know why? Because it takes effort, and that's really what matters in the end isn't it? Someone taking to time out to make you feel special. Awww <3

Mamba - hehe.. if ONLY it felt like a week to me.. :p

Firestorm

n00b
Founder
May 7, 2008
Somewhere
Only thing is, I'm stuck with what to cook
Keep it simple. Finger foods are always a good idea. Breakfast in bed works well too.

plans for V day?
Since my girl and I had a hellacious blow out about her alcoholic mother (third naked drunk in public arrest since New Years), we are definitely going away for V-day. Since we both have classes, I booked a theme room for us at the Anniversary Inn. My girl is really into flowers, so I booked us into the "Country Garden" suite. Limo will pick her up from home, wrapped package on the seat with clues about our night. I like lingerie as much as the next guy, but recently she has been kind of modest (likely because her dad has a new girlfriend visiting), so I got her an ankle length soft silk gown with the matching underthings she loves. Black roses (our first date was on Halloween, so the roses are a reminder and her favorite). Dinner at her favorite place, a little dancing at the garden room downtown after and then off to the suite. Breakfast in bed and a couples massage the morning after. :)

Fancypants

Yaa!
Founder
Oct 31, 2013
Limo will pick her up from home, wrapped package on the seat with clues about our night. I like lingerie as much as the next guy, but recently she has been kind of modest (likely because her dad has a new girlfriend visiting), so I got her an ankle length soft silk gown with the matching underthings she loves. Black roses (our first date was on Halloween, so the roses are a reminder and her favorite). Dinner at her favorite place, a little dancing at the garden room downtown after and then off to the suite. Breakfast in bed and a couples massage the morning after. :)
That sounds like the plot of the middle section of a romantic comedy. You know, like when the gay friend is taking the woman out to try and make her feel better after she catches the jerk boyfriend making out with her sister.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
That sounds like the plot of the middle section of a romantic comedy. You know, like when the gay friend is taking the woman out to try and make her feel better after she catches the jerk boyfriend making out with her sister.
ALLLLLLLL of Firestorm's Vday, birthday and anniversary plans sound like this...

Firestorm

n00b
Founder
May 7, 2008
Somewhere
I never touched the sister, no one saw me, you can't prove anything.

Gzus

\m/ >< ..l.
Founder
Jun 20, 2009
booshz.
www.istheinternetfuckingawesome.com

- Pink tacos: Just normal tacos in some pink sundried tomato tortillas

- Cherubed eggs: Just normal deviled eggs with the filling dyed red
[/relationship]

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
Well I decided to go the sexy route, and bought chocolate body paint (this was popular years ago but I never tried it).. and an edible sweety g-string.

Sooooo who cares what's for dinner?!! It's not like I'm gonna eat much if I have to model this tiny scrap of nothing......

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
My person was being all sweet and got me some flowers and a chocolate thingy.
....I don't like flowers or chocolate.
....and I'm a terrible liar.

=/

But! Yesterday, he took me to Pike Place Market and got me some Strips! I haven't had those in ages! I was so completely overly excited ^_^

woot !

So.. hopefully, if anything does happen on v day besides work, it involves fish of some kind? (har har , yes I hear your brain giggling)