Video Game Systems

Fishypancake

spoils milk
May 21, 2008
I do not own one, but I have seen it played on. Honestly, its not really worth it. If you have a home computer, you will basiaclly be buying another one that plays PS3 games. It is fun, but not enough of an improvment over the PS2 for my money. Buy a Wii. Thats my advice. Out of all the next-gen. consoles, that is by far the most fun for the longest time. Best investment. X-box 360 is cool, but....meh it came out too early to be top notch in that field.

stopwatch

Family
Jul 11, 2008
In transition
I do not own one, but I have seen it played on. Honestly, its not really worth it. If you have a home computer, you will basiaclly be buying another one that plays PS3 games. It is fun, but not enough of an improvment over the PS2 for my money. Buy a Wii. Thats my advice. Out of all the next-gen. consoles, that is by far the most fun for the longest time. Best investment. X-box 360 is cool, but....meh it came out too early to be top notch in that field.
The Wii has some much room for growth and development - it will be amazing ... for example:

[video=youtube;Jd3-eiid-Uw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw[/video]

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
If you are into HD then the PS3 has blu ray and is more geared to that crowd. The 360 has a big lead on the PS3 in the US, so chances are if you live in the US, your friends will be playing the 360.

I prefer the PS3, simply because I'm into all things HD. On top of the fact that I've got 10 years of gaming invested in Sony and they offer (some) backwards compatibility.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
The Wii has some much room for growth and development - it will be amazing ... for example:
The Wii is geared entirely for the casual crowd. This years E3 was an embarrassment for Nintendo in that regard. I would never recommend the Wii to any self respecting adult.

Saucy

San Antonio, TX
When I first got the ps3 it was pretty lame. Just for the simple fact it was new to the market, and there really didn't come out with anything. But, just like wine, it got better with time. Now...I think its worth the price difference.

Graphic wise there really isn't a difference. But as far as watching movies on blu-rays there is. Its also the best blu-ray player on the market. It has free online gaming, which doesn't necessarily mean its a good thing. Their serves aren't dedicated like the xbox's. So expect to download maintenance patches for games. You get what you pay for.

The 360 is good too. But, the only problem is you need to buy hardware to watch HD movies and in some cases video games. You also have to pay for online gaming, which isn't a problem. I think its a $100 a year with dedicated servers. Also expect lag, but not as horrible as the ps3.

Both systems have wireless controllers, both have daily system updates. Virtually both have the same games. Great in-system stores.

Overall, if you want a great entertainment system go with the ps3. If you're more into games than anything get a Xbox360.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
PS3 ftw!:khi4b:

Xbox is for fags.

I LOVE my PS3 hardcore, but that could be because i have a badass tv, so most everything looks beyond awesomeness.

I would get a Wii though...but i wouldn't tell anybody about it... but I'd totally tard out when nobody's around. =)

But you're right, the Wii is truly a revolution in gaming and shouldn't be ignored.
I like it because even though you look like a tard while your playing you are at least getting up and moving around.
So it's not only stimulating the mind but the body also.

I mostly wanted to get it so i could play The twilight princess, because i'm a hardcore Zelda fan.

Anyhoo, bottom line.
The Xbox is for people that deep down wanted a PS3 but couldn't afford it so they did what most people did and settled, now they are trying to pretend to be happy with their decision.

Don't be a settler/money waster, buy a PS3!
PS3 > Xbox

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
I have PS3 with 40gig and dig the hell out of it.

I have it hooked in to an Home Theater/Amp pumping 150w with 7.1 using HDMI cable.
Playing games of DVD viewing with DTS or surround sound is a whole new experience!

Seems to run smooth and quiet. It has froze on me twice playing the Orange Box, but that is livable.

stopwatch

Family
Jul 11, 2008
In transition

Xbox is for fags.

I LOVE my PS3 hardcore, but that could be because i have a badass tv, so most everything looks beyond awesomeness.

I would get a Wii though...but i wouldn't tell anybody about it... but I'd totally tard out when nobody's around. =)

But you're right, the Wii is truly a revolution in gaming and shouldn't be ignored.
I like it because even though you look like a tard while your playing you are at least getting up and moving around.

I mostly wanted to get it so i could play The twilight princess, because i'm a hardcore Zelda fan.

Anyhoo, bottom line.
The Xbox is for people that deep down wanted a PS3 but couldn't afford it so they did what most people did and settled, now they are trying to pretend to be happy with their decision.

PS3 > Xbox
Just so you know, the twilight princess kicks ass hardcore. And Mario Galaxy (though very tardish) is pretty entertaining as well.

Amythist

Sneaker Pimp
Mar 21, 2008
Why? Are you a stalker??
www.myspace.com

Xbox is for fags.

Anyhoo, bottom line.

PS3 > Xbox
Whateva! That is all I gots to say about that umm hmm...

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Fuck Halo! All it is is fucking respawn, where is the skill in that? Not to mention it gets boring after a while. And forget trying to get the game to register a clean head shot, is a joke! I'm not even going to get into the shitty sniping...

I'd take Socom or Call of Duty 4 over Halo any day.:khi7h:
[video=youtube;2JC3UMJ2It4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JC3UMJ2It4[/video]

[video=youtube;g_erCHr7ybQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_erCHr7ybQ[/video]

Also why is it that the only good thing anyone has to say about Xbox is "Halo is awesome!! lolerz!"?

Because there aren't very many other memorable things to say about it other than that.

P.S. I'm sorry Amy, but I'm going to have to call you a fag. You gotta call em how ya see em even if their legs go on forever and they have skin like warm milk. :yociexp37:

Violet

Yaa!
Founder
Feb 28, 2014
I'll have a PS3, but I just haven't seen a game that I had to run out and snag one for just yet. (FPS's piss me off.)

I'll also have a Wii.

Call me a fag, too, Blood.. because I still dig my Xbox.

In fact, between the Bear and I, we will probably own every damn system they come out with. As it is, we collectively own 2 Xboxes loaded with emulators and games, 2 PS2s, 2 Xbox360s, 2 PSPs, a Nintendo DS, a GameBoy Advance and 4 or 5 computers. I'm in the middle of so many fucking games right now it just didn't make sense to buy more.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Fuck Halo! All it is is fucking respawn, where is the skill in that? Not to mention it gets boring after a while. And forget trying to get the game to register a clean head shot, is a joke! I'm not even going to get into the shitty sniping...

:yociexp37:

Pffft ...I spanked COD 4's ass in less than 10 hours. ( solo missions)

Its not bad, fairly accurate to life in some parts, but all in all I am disappointed by it's short single player missions.

I dig my PS3 ... especially coupled to my awesome 42" hidef sound/video system.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Call me a fag, too, Blood.. because I still dig my Xbox.
Fine, you fagginwagons can like your smelly old Xboxes if you must.
But you must admit, ps3 is the superior system. hehe

Pffft ...I spanked COD 4's ass in less than 10 hours. ( solo missions)

Its not bad, fairly accurate to life in some parts, but all in all I am disappointed by it's short single player missions.

I dig my PS3 ... especially coupled to my awesome 42" hidef sound/video system.
Noo the missions are alright, it's the online play you want because you're dealing with actual people. =)

And my tv could eat your tv for breakfast.