Warrior Dash in NC

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
WARRIOR DASH <---That.

This will be the FIRST run in NC... so yaaa !!

Thanks to Grumpy for giving me the heads up on this !!

I have just submitted my entrance application and paid my $40 fee.

Game on for Aug 27,2011 in Huntersville NC !!

THE layout <----

Yes, pics, video .. the whole works will be made of my run.

Come join me... won't you?

Violet

Yaa!
Founder
Feb 28, 2014
Ohhh, this looks sweet.

Also looks like something that would probably kill me. Do you have to do anything to prove you're in decent physical shape?

I like this: Nine whole rules listed, and one of them is, "Urinating or defecating on or anywhere near the course is strictly prohibited." I wonder if this has been a problem in the past.

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
Actually looks like ridiculously good fun. Remember, it's all about winning. Nobody wants to see pictures of a guy who comes in second place.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Do you have to do anything to prove you're in decent physical shape?
Nope. Sign the "don't blame us" document and give em $40. And Bam !

MOST folks go just for the fun and mud and bands and booze. Its about having a day of watching a bunch of dudes and chicks roll around in the mud in costumes and so on... its a blast really. Kinda like a beer Fest almost.

I've done many such games as a Troop, and as Wenis states there will be a few dozen out of the few hundred that are way too competitive to just have fun. I've pushed dudes off the top of 30' obstacles just because they got too close to me during a competition, for some of us a game .. ANY game is a matter of combat.

That was me in the past, I dunno how I'll run this one yet. Most likely as I will be there as a loner I will see who the front runners are and see if I can keep up. I signed up for the first wave as I want an unmolested course to run through. <--- Makes it harder and a bit more fun at the same time cause more people will be watching the 1st wave Vs the 5th or so.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
This event went on today.

As my home was projected to be in the path of today's hurricane I decided to NOT go as I did not want to leave our dogs here during a potentially bad storm and taking them would have been out of the question as well.

Carry on.

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Yes. I ordered up the Hurricane for this exact day in order to try and cover my cowardly deed.

You saw through my shenanigans, good on ya ~!!
Glad to see you've conquered denial. 11 more steps to go!

Seriously, though. Good luck with that hurricane business.