Weight loss drug that REALLY works?

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
A mate of mine is currently taking a drug that has worked wonders for his weight loss. What is it, you ask? I'll tell you.

It's a drug used to treat bronchitis amongst our equine friends. That's right - horse cough medicine. Fucking freak.

Your thoughts on this and other weight loss drug trends?

Silly Cunt

Fingerbanger
Founder
Mar 30, 2008
Western Australia
Amphetimines work well for the people in the town I reside in.

Anyone over 55kg is considered a fat cunt. I am like Andre the Giant and King Kong Bundy combined

On that note, I'm going to burgle the local vet clinic, and create my own drug baronship.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Anything marketed to boost metabolism, for the most part, work. They (such as xenadrine, hydroxycut, stacker II, etc) are thermogenic agents that increase body temperature which the body has to work to maintain...blah blah.

Anyway, run some laps fatty.

Kill_em_All

Family
Founder
Jul 29, 2008
Immediately post-divorce I lost 20 pounds in one month by doing little more than living off one pack of Ramen noodles per day, and a gallon of Jim Beam every three.

Of course, it's not the "doctor approved", medicinally appropriate means of dieting, but fuck it. It worked.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Why are we resurrecting ancient threads?
Cranium, please lock the old fuckers down.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Why are we resurrecting ancient threads?
Cranium, please lock the old fuckers down.

Maybe, but I prefer just putting the consistent offenders in the "fucking idjit" group.

Besides .. bringing old threads back if pertinent, relevant and coherent info is added is ok by me.

Uh. Carbs are an essential part of a person's nutrition.

No carbs= No poops

No poops= dead.

A BALANCED diet helps with weight loss, NOT cutting out important vitamins/minerals from your diet.

Indeed.

SlimSkeeter

Uh. Carbs are an essential part of a person's nutrition.

No carbs= No poops

No poops= dead.

A BALANCED diet helps with weight loss, NOT cutting out important vitamins/minerals from your diet.
Indeed. Atkins diets "work" in that you lose weight...but thats like saying if you stop eating you will lose weight. That "works" too and is probably just as healthy.

Carbs=energy

energy=get your ass up and do something with yourself or it gets stored as fat.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
Exactly Slim.

Basically the way it works too is HIGH AMOUNTS of Carbs + Fruits and vegetables + LOW amounts of protiens, dairy and fats.

Atkiens diets are reversed, and honestly I don't know why anyone with a mind would choose this kind of 'diet'.

SlimSkeeter

^^^ thats pretty close to how I've been losing the weight I have been.

Combine that with small assed meals more often and your metabolism jumps into high gear after a bit, and starts burning the fat even if you aren't doing a whole lot.

Also, as has been beaten into my stubborn skull repeatedly over the past few months, READ the DAMNED LABELS on what you a buying and ask yourself if you really want to ingest whats in there (thanks Josie, I listen sometimes)

Titty

Proud White Boy
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Where the sun doesn't shine
Carbohydrates are NOT essential elements of human dietary needs. Proteins and fats can provide the necessary fuel needed to perform.

Additionally, protein is a MUST for maintaining skeletal muscle during weight loss. Especially in males.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
Carbohydrates are NOT essential elements of human dietary needs. Proteins and fats can provide the necessary fuel needed to perform.

Additionally, protein is a MUST for maintaining skeletal muscle during weight loss. Especially in males.
They teached me wrong in school then.

I go by the food pyramid.