What do you collect?

SittinGrumpy

I collect shot glasses and craft supplies. The shot glasses I do on purpose of course but the craft supplies just kinda happens. I get a hair across my ass to bead/knit/sew/weave so I buy the supplies, work on it for a while and then stop and pack the supplies up.

Do you collect anything on purpose like glasses, stamps, guns?

How about unintentional?

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Used to collect Japanese pottery.
Used to collect wrist watches until I got my HTC Android.

When I travel to different countries, I pick up a tube or two of Toothpaste.
If possible, a mask representing the culture to hang on my wall.

Now, Jade. Carved jade. Some going back 1000 years.

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
Come to think of it, I actually collect Maneki Neko's.
It started after a Vietnam trip that I was supposed to come along with, but couldnt because of the operation. My mates bought me a fairly huge one and whenever they find another one abroad they buy one in a different size.

So far I have three. One from Vietnam, one from Thailand and a small one from Malaga. It's my travel cat! I took it with me to Rome!

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Come to think of it, I actually collect Maneki Neko's.
It started after a Vietnam trip that I was supposed to come along with, but couldnt because of the operation. My mates bought me a fairly huge one and whenever they find another one abroad they buy one in a different size.

So far I have three. One from Vietnam, one from Thailand and a small one from Malaga. It's my travel cat! I took it with me to Rome!
You need one from Japan and China. I've seen a lot of Chinese influence in Japan, but I think this is a real Japanese thing.

Also, there are two different kinds with two different meanings, depending if it's the Left paw or Right paw that's doing the welcoming.
Can you guess which is which for what?? Luck?? Wealth?? Left?? Right??

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
You need one from Japan and China. I've seen a lot of Chinese influence in Japan, but I think this is a real Japanese thing.

Also, there are two different kinds with two different meanings, depending if it's the Left paw or Right paw that's doing the welcoming.
Can you guess which is which for what?? Luck?? Wealth?? Left?? Right??

We have loads of Chinese shops over here, usually bazaars with cheap items, so I've seen these cats all over the place. I'm taking a stab in the dark that Left paw is for Luck, whilst obviously then Right would be Wealth.

Was I right?

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
I collect absolutely nothing anymore. At one time I used to collect Elvis memorabilia. I have several totes full of stuff including a concert ticket he was supposed to play 2 days after he died. I also have a rare Maxwell house coffee poster of his that he actually signed. I found that one in a box of shit at an auction. I also used to collect vintage husker football stuff. I've got old pendants from their first cotton bowl, tickets to all 5 national championship games they've one and several decanters and autographed things from legends. The last thing I collected was vinyl records. But I stopped that once I moved and my player is still in boxes. I suppose I have a couple thousand rock records from the 70's and 80's.

Somethings that piles up by chance . . . I always bring home the plastic hotel keys from the places I stay from work, etc I probably have 150 + of those.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
We have loads of Chinese shops over here, usually bazaars with cheap items, so I've seen these cats all over the place. I'm taking a stab in the dark that Left paw is for Luck, whilst obviously then Right would be Wealth.

Was I right?
Did I win?!

I take it no.

*sad face