What happened to just being a kid?

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
I am completely disgusted with most parents today. Seriously, children are suposed to be children.. they are suposed to play, and be happy little fuckers. I took my son to the park today and theres a whole group of moms, I guess having a play date.. and they're talking away to eachother and the kids are just sitting there with them.. looking bored. These idiot mothers are drinking their starbucks, gabbing away and not giving a shit if their kids are having fun. Fast forward to about a half hour later-- my son is playing in dirt, he's filthy, but having a good time.. another child around 5 or so walks over, grabs a stick and starts digging with my son.. the mother rushes over and goes, "OMG, you are going to get SO dirty, don't ever touch dirt!" Who brings their children to the park and expects them to stay clean? *rolls eyes" The best one yet was of this one mother, talking on her cell phone, and actually told her toddler to keep an eye on the newborn in the stroller while she throws something away. Some people shouldn't have children..

In todays world, I must be a horrible mother.. my son and I dig for worms, we catch bugs, we get dirty.. and it's fun..not disgusting. I just don't understand anymore.

stopwatch

Family
Jul 11, 2008
In transition
These days it' not just prissy mothers who are more concerned about the whites getting all muddy, but kids are moving further and further from more active, natural play activities to mind-numbing ones (be it tv, movies, video games, etc).

Jenn, more power to you.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
Bringing your child to a park and not letting them play is like dangeling a twinky in front of an obese person and saying, "na na nanana"
Hahahaha... I'm SO going to do that, next time I'm at the park telling my kids to keep clean.

:yociexp108:

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
These days it' not just prissy mothers who are more concerned about the whites getting all muddy, but kids are moving further and further from more active, natural play activities to mind-numbing ones (be it tv, movies, video games, etc).

Jenn, more power to you.
My son had ADHD, he's as active as one can get, lol. And it's funny because he has game systems, he has a DS, wii, and also has cable in his room.. but he hardly uses any of that. He's not your normal child..lol..he loves school, loves to be read to, and loves to run around.

My friends child is five, and all ready up to 100lbs. And I see why.. they never go anywhere, and she even has a portable DVD player for when they go out. I hate what people are doing to their children. I see it as child abuse.