What Have You Won?

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
If I win the lottery I promise to send each SC member a check for $25 !!!
I have never doubted Cranium's honesty, and know he would pay out,
but what about others?
Are these prizes offered by major organisations a scam?
Do you know of anyone personally that has won anything substantial?
What is the most valuable thing you have ever won?
What is the oddest?
I won $1000 in a radio competition once, but apart from the odd $2 or $5 on the "scratchies" I have won nothing else of value.
I won a hideous mirror in a school raffle once...which I promptly gave to my most hated relative.

Queen Pixie

Still a bit noob
Aug 19, 2009
home
I once won a crystal Movado watch. It was from a sales competition at work so not strictly what you were looking for but since I won it doesn't matter :p Unfortunately my new boss fired me the day he came to present me with the prize, so I didn't get it as I "was not in good standing with the company at time of presentation". Oddly, the "prize" never made it back to the company and graced the wrist of wife of my boss for awhile. So, the only thing I got was unemployment....

So...scam or no scam? HAHA

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
An additional vacation day... I don't think it can get any better... beside winning the lottery (big time)...

SlimSkeeter

Oddest thing I ever won was $25 to go towards a crack whore.

Most of you know I also won the first raffle here.

Other than that, the one thing that stands out is from High School. I scored top in the district on a standardized test and won a gift certificate to the school store.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I've won..

a webcam from the raffle here :)

my flight won first prize in flight drill comp - lame to you guys. awesome to me. We totally owned. Active Duty drill instructors - bitchin up a storm during inspection of other flights. They couldn't find a damn thing besides "tie - i" in ours. Every area of drill - we owned. I got two trophies to take home. They were both of chicks in af uniform.

I won a lot of state prizes and medals at Texas State German comp too. Also lame to you guys. Flippin awesome to me.

Other than that, just sorta random stuff here and there like a competition for money that I had with a store owner I worked for. Whoever had the best sales of originally unasked for items won. I whooped her.

and ^ more like that.

jeepneasy

Dude!
Jul 14, 2009
Central, CA
I have hit a 50 or a 100 a couple tme on the scratchers.... a couple of concert ticketts from the local radio station.... the biggest prize and most expensive was a Snap-On toolbox that was worth about 8,000 bucks

Kill_em_All

Family
Founder
Jul 29, 2008
Keno. Mad winnings. I play religiously, everywhere I go. Most bars/pubs have it in my state so I'm constantly dropping 20 here, 50 there. The most I've won at one sitting is 2,400 dollars. I guess keno doesn't really count though.

If we're talking material items, I've won a full week's salon treatment in a chamber of commerce raffle, recently won a party for 15 at a local Dave and Buster's type establishment after dropping my b-card into their fishbowl, and other odds and ends which I've forgotten about.