What matters to you?

SittinGrumpy

It's election season here in the states again... I keep hearing things like "jobs are not what is important, the economy is not what people are worried about, the war isn't on people's minds... it's healthcare people care about, its a balance budget people care about".

So, all the statements are wrong for me, I have been looking for a job in my field that pays enough to make ends meet for over two years. The lack of job growth matters to me, the economy matters to me, healthcare doesn't matter to me.

This made me wonder, what do you care about this election? Granted their promises me very little, not really my point.

SittinGrumpy

What matters to me is the U.S. to cut it's fucking military budget.
This will happen, always does when a democrat is in office. It is known that the military is funded more when republican are in office.

Firestorm

n00b
Founder
May 7, 2008
Somewhere
I think they should cut welfare and put that all to the military too.
Amen! Put every ablebodied welfare recipient out on the damned streets picking up trash, washing windows, whatever the individual states need done in order for them to "earn" those benefits.

Cut military spending? Screw that. There was a time when our military was not only respected, but FEARED by those idiots in the world who even thought of screwing with the US. Clinton screwed that up. We need to go back to kicking ass, taking names and not giving a damn. We need to get the hell out of the UN, pull all aid to any country not willing to give us soveriegn rights to bases in their country and starting now, we model our business mien after China. You want a US plant? Awesome. We want a base in your country. Refuse and screw you, we can buy your products elsewhere. Just my two cents.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Cut military spending? Screw that. There was a time when our military was not only respected, but FEARED
Hogwash.

That's the problem right there. Everybody should fear the US military and not respect the US in how it lead the world in patents, discoveries and inventions.

by those idiots in the world who even thought of screwing with the US.
Care to give an example? Iraq? Pakistan? Afghanistan? Ahahaha! More like enemies that were named by CEO's, whoops! Back track there. I meant honorable US politicians with no vested interest in that region of the world.

Clinton screwed that up. We need to go back to kicking ass, taking names and not giving a damn.
Maybe that's exactly what we've been doing since the 50's with Korea, 60's with Nam and fucking fucked up 80's with desert storm. Desert Storm. Not once, but twice. What a fucking joke. Not giving a damn. Throw a dart at a map, send in bombs and fodder, fail, try try again.

Pretty sure they gave some damn during WW2 and they did a pretty good job of it.

We need to get the hell out of the UN, pull all aid to any country not willing to give us sovereign rights to bases in their country and starting now
Ditto! We should also let them build military bases in our country as well. Fair is fair.

we model our business mien after China. You want a US plant? Awesome. We want a base in your country. Refuse and screw you, we can buy your products elsewhere. Just my two cents.
This is quite vague. China already has the plants and factories set up with a low paying labor force. Occasionally some US rep from the firm will pay a visit to the factory to make sure this and that is being done on time with specified quotas and quality.

China already lets the US navy take R&R in Hong Kong and also ride out typhoons. Does the US do the same for China? No, it doesn't.

Why not get your macho asses over to places like North Korea, China or Russia? Too chicken shit to fight a so called enemy that is crushing our rights and want to steal our way of life from us including the 52" plasma HDTV, that is also well armed?

Why not call it what it really is. Sixth column. Your fucking government is the one eroding your rights and not some other fool in any other part of the world. Way to suck up the propaganda, dude. "Durdy durdy, those towel heads want my car and two door garage! Durdy durdy."

Chicken shits go to countries like Iraq and so forth and blow the fuck out of unarmed civilians and put a politically correct name to it like collateral damage, so as to make some piece with their already guilty conscious. Bullies swing big sticks to bring back respect because they don't have the mental ability to produce technology and science, because all the fucking money is spent on the fucking big stick instead.

Face it. America has lost it's way and you're not going to recover any time soon.

Fuck man, you really don't know what the fuck your saying and how stupid it all sounds.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
And what the fuck has all the military hardware gotten you? Has it Up'ed your life any?
Has it made clear and decisive victories in those regions where our youth has been sent to fucking die??!!

Has the spent money that is not coming back in bombs and bullets helped you with your education loans or provided you with reasonable health and welfare?
Fuck, another blind militant ready to wave the stars and stripes that's stuck in their ass crack.

Yeah, go on. Lead the marching band along with the other idiots but please don't come back.

May 25, 2009
Personally, I would prefer future candidates be specific on what they intend to do, and how they’re going to do it. Best case scenario, someone who decides to support and encourage our own petroleum industry to export levels and undercutting the hell out of the Middle East and Russia. Putin would rage.

If just one comes out and says “I intend to do a lot of blow and that’s about it really.” At least they score higher for honesty at this point.

Then again, I haven't really watched the news in awhile, so If I missed anybody, city/state/federal level and all actually giving specifics, My bad.

Edit: Commie. What country would you say is doing right in your eyes? I'd like to know. I will not debate your decision in this topic, but I would like to know your answer. We'll take it elsewhere if you have a really "interesting" response.

SittinGrumpy

Hell yeah! Let's blow'em the fuck up and make a parking lot out'f em! I really don't know what the shit is about over there, but by god, surely they must be the reason why things are so fucked up back here.
You assume a lot. You assume no one keeps up with worldly affairs but you, you assume that you are the only intelligent person here. I am not going to debate my opinions with you, it is pointless to even try to have an adult conversation with you.

SittinGrumpy

To elaborate on this statement:

Welfare is pointless, it starts a never ending poverty cycle.

My idea is, if you want a government check, work for it. One way to do this is join the military. Why is God's name would I want this? Well first, the military will teach you discipline. Next, they will teach you job skills, those of you who think the military only teaches how to use a gun are just stupid. Third, the military has great programs to help you pay for college.

So why would my plan work? Because you would take uneducated, poor people and give them a job, a place to live, health care and teach them how to take care of themselves. The system now is, you get a welfare check and have to do nothing.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Hell yeah! Let's blow'em the fuck up and make a parking lot out'f em! I really don't know what the shit is about over there, but by god, surely they must be the reason why
things are so fucked up back here.
Regardless of your feelings on military, it's a job. A job for which pay should keep up with the cost of living.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
You assume a lot. You assume no one keeps up with worldly affairs but you, you assume that you are the only intelligent person here. I am not going to debate my opinions with you, it is pointless to even try to have an adult conversation with you.
This is not an assumption. This is based on what you wrote, almost word for word.
I asked you to show me what you knew of the situation and why you make those comments with something to back it up (being that you've done this sort of thing more than once).

I could look it up in the archives but it would take time. Then again, you'd just deny it anyways and close off the conversation with "it is pointless to even try to have an adult conversation with you.", not even realizing that it was YOU who made the damn statement in the first place. Just quoting you. Got it?

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Regardless of your feelings on military, it's a job. A job for which pay should keep up with the cost of living.
I agree. So, what's the going rate these days for killing someone? A $1000 a head? How about unarmed civilians? Less or more? Children?
How about property? Do I get more money for destroying hospitals and schools?

SittinGrumpy

This is not an assumption. This is based on what you wrote, almost word for word.
Let me correct you.... we were speaking about the war at that time and I said blow them up I don't give a fuck. This does not mean I have no clue of what is going on... fact is if you died to tomorrow, i don't care, wouldn't shed a tear, wouldn't even get a lump in my throat.... don't take that the wrong way... I would have the same reaction to almost everyone here.

Just because I do not give a fuck, doesn't mean I do not know what is going on in the world... and here is something for you to chew on...I believe that the people china, iraq, russia, iran...etc feel the same way about me that I stated about you. They do not give a fuck if I live or die and you know what, that doesn't bother me a bit.

BTW I have never blamed any other nation for the shit that is going on here. I blame the voters and the sorry fucker they vote for.