Which jobs have you had?

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
Today I worked as a waiter over at this here hotel, but it's the first time I've done that, since I'm actually a receptionist at another hotel in the same chain.
But it got me thinking of the various jobs I've had so far, even the ones that lasted for just some days.

I have planted trees in a forrest for Bergen City.
I've delivered pizzas.
Done some gardering for a Yach club.
Was a cement worker, building fundations and shit.
Been a bouncer a local gay club.
Worked at a office, writing relator prospects.
Receptionist at a hotel (current job, along with the above office job part time)
And now, a waiter.

What have you been up to?

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
USA

Selling Lemonaid on the street corner in Kindergarden with my brother
Newspaper boy in the 6th grade
Neighbor and I started mowing lawns for money in the neighborhood.....6th grade
Fast food cook at Hardee's and Sizzler and some Pizza hole in the wall place....Jr.Hgh Sch
Waiter at various and many restaraunts including Friendly Road Inn in Greensboro, N.C. (had to throw that in there)...Hgh Sch
Bag Boy at Ralphs Grocery Store in Sunland California...College days
Service Engineer for Xerox Corp...after college

Japan

EFL/ESL Instructor
Office Staff for Japanese construction firm

Hong Kong

part-timer EFL/ESL on Saturdays
Free-lancing as of now

Gzus

\m/ >< ..l.
Founder
Jun 20, 2009
booshz.
www.istheinternetfuckingawesome.com
Schooldays:

Sorting diamonds and bit of maintenance at diamond digs.
Railway shunting and maintenance at packing plant in cement factory. Also set up cable infrastructure for palletizers at same factory.
Landscaping and looking after a guesthouse.

After school:
Barman at various bars and waiter.
Worked at a fudge factory for a while.
Reception / kind of a tour guide at a traveler's hostel.
Smuggling fairly large amounts of marijuana in tour bus business of a mate.
Worked at Playstation shop for a bit.
Salesmen at dirt bike shop.
Lighting / Sound / staging / rigging till date.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Currently ....I'm Batman.

But in the past I've done a bit o this and that...

I'll interpret JOBS to also mean having been paid:

Farm hand. ( Pay = ~$1/day and all the food a hungry poor bastard can eat)

EVERYTHING from driving 10 ton tractors to putting up hundreds of miles of barbed wire fence to herding cows via motorcycle to hands on slaughter of livestock for food.... literally everything a massive farm of over 20,000 acres in back woods Mississippi does to operate I had a hand, in a small way of course, in it.

Roofer ( Pay ~$25/day )

Area clean up, tool maintenance, Tar preparation (<-- that sucked) Shingle monkey.

Metro Media Communications ( a part of Motorola) I refurbished voice and data pagers.
AND
Entered delayed entry program for US Army.

Age: 18- 39 (Pay = various ... from $500/month up to $5000/month )

Soldier.

Did stuff. Went Places. Came home.

ATT ... Outside Equipment Tech, Telecom Construction.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Dude, whose alt is that and thought.. this sounds like a job for

dun dun DUN!

Afro Jive! :laluot_26:

lol

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Not in chronological order...

Dog walker/sitter
Waitress
Sales Associate for an Auctioneer (did that for a looooong time)
Part-time office help for an engineer
Phone Interview person (giggles... that was actually pretty funny at times)
Office staff for a major German TV station
Office staff for a major TV show on previously mentioned TV station (Wetten, dass...)
Home inspector for a property management (move-in and move-out inspections)
Quality Rater for Google through a staffing company
Project Engineer (now)

That's all I can think of at this point.

Oh.. yeah... I am Mrs. Batman...

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
You suck at making yourself look good : She is a CIVIL / STRUCTURAL Engineer. She is ALSO a PROFESSIONAL antique restorer even working on shit from the 17th century before. ( or older? )

I don't need to make myself look good. I am good... 'nuff said.

Also, I mentioned the engimaneer...

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I've been:
- Work experience as a technician with an F/A-18 squadron in the RAAF
- Office assistant for a flying school
- Dominos delivery boy
- Web/graphics designer for some music promotions companies
- BBQ expert at Bunnings
- Automotive technician for Australia's largest prestige automotive group (Volvo Master Technician, but also work on: Land Rover, Jaguar, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, Bugatti, Lotus, McLaren and anything else that comes through the doors at the workshop)

I will be:
- Back in the Navy January 2012

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Why not go back as a contractor @ 5X the pay ?
Because, at 24, I doubt they would take me seriously.

I did want to move overseas to do a Motorsports Engineering degree, but really couldn't be fucked with that anymore.

I would really like to follow in my brother's footsteps and get a group of mates together and open a bar in the city. They paid their business loan off within 2 years.. He's now a carpenter because he loves working with his hands. The bar gives him a constant high income so he's set for life!

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Tell ya what. I'll be down there (you pick me up at the airport) with about US$10,000 (should be nuff) and lets pimp us out some Aussi Ho's.

We make some good money!!
The going rate at the local brothels is usually around $400p/h. I could return your investment in 25 hours (less if we have more than one girl). The girl would be penniless and have a very sore cooter, but I'm sure we could afford to throw an apple or two her way as payment.

Speaking of hookers and apples.. My mate's recent trip to China sore him take 2 local working girls back to his hotel room. They raided his fridge and stole all his fruit, but didn't accept any cash payment for some reason.

Back on topic! I forgot that I worked part time as a bartender at a local German pub for a few months.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
The going rate at the local brothels is usually around $400p/h. I could return your investment in 25 hours (less if we have more than one girl). The girl would be penniless and have a very sore cooter, but I'm sure we could afford to throw an apple or two her way as payment.

Speaking of hookers and apples.. My mate's recent trip to China sore him take 2 local working girls back to his hotel room. They raided his fridge and stole all his fruit, but didn't accept any cash payment for some reason.

Back on topic! I forgot that I worked part time as a bartender at a local German pub for a few months.
Interesting Freudian Slip there.

On topic for me:

I've worked as:

Work experience: (while at school)

- Waitress in a restaurant (ehhh...)
- A bookshop assistant (I loved this! Literature = win)

Jobs
- Junior in a hair-dressing salon. (ugh)
- A waitress in a café (ugh) However, I did silver service waitressing eventually which was mo better.- and better tips.
- A retail assistant - various clothes shops. Ended up working in Versace, and the chain of shops associated with this brand. (draconian boss, terrible hours, shitty commission. Don't do it!)
- Part time modelling for independent clothes retailer (fun and unpaid unless you count clothes)
- Receptionist in a real estate company
- Valuations Co-ordinator (real estate company)
- Independent Spanish teacher - private lessons (have taught about 10 people - yay me)
- PA to a Sales Manager
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Manager - (current) moving into this role slowly but have to train up another other girl to do my old job.. so yaaaaaaa.

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
Age 12 to 15 painted buildings, mowed laws, etc.

Age 16 to 18- Fast food cook, Also started my own sandblasting paint removal business for a sign shop. He'd get the jobs, I'd blast off the paint and he'd repaint and letter.

College - Worked three part-time jobs while going to school full time. Radio DJ/News Director, TV- weekly local show producer, Cabela's Hunting and Sporting Goods

After College - 1st job was Outside Sales for a print shop, then a college recruiter, then I got into the Newspaper business starting as a CSR and finishing as a Circulation and Marketing Director at a day paper responsible for a 25,000 daily news circulation and 5 weekly newspapers with about another 15,000 in circulation.

Currently - Empire of Death and a small sign shop. Started and sold a granite counter top business in the last 4 years and I'm currently working toward building a hotel and conference center if I can just get the final development grant.