Wiki Challenges Cranium

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
On more than one occasion, Cran has mentioned his distrust of Wiki, yet....yet he has utterly failed to show valid proof of Wiki's distrustful actions.

Now, there is a lot of disinformation on the net and on Wiki by groups or organizations, usually government related, polluting our fragile minds with lies.

Here is one: 50 Cent Party

"50 Cent Party (Chinese: 五毛党; pinyin: Wǔmáo Dǎng), also called 50 Cent Army, refers to paid astroturfing internet commentators working for the People's Republic of China, whose role is posting comments favorable towards the government policies to skew the public opinion on various Internet message boards.

They are named after the 50 Chinese cents, or 5 mao, they are paid per such post, other names are red vests, red vanguard and the Five Mao Party. Conservative estimates put the strength of the 50 Cents Army at tens of thousands while other estimates put their numbers as high as 280,000–300,000. Their activities were described by Chinese President Hu Jintao as "a new pattern of public-opinion guidance".

They operate primarily in Chinese, but English language posts appear as well. Their effect is most felt at the domestic Chinese-language websites, bulletin board systems, and chatrooms. Their role is to steer the discussion away from anti-party articulations, politically sensitive or "unacceptable" content and advance the party line of the Communist Party of China. It has been argued that it is not so much censorship but a public relations tactic.

According to the Indian Daily News and Analysis, "to this day, anyone who posts a blatantly propagandist pro-Communist Party message online is dismissed by increasingly cynical Chinese Netizens as belonging to the Wu Mao Dang (50 Cents Party)."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party

We also know the CIA dabbles in the esoteric arts of dis-info.
Hell, check out anything on 911 or Bush Jr and his regime.
http://www.intelligencesearch.com/ia138.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Unidentified_flying_object&diff=187533733&oldid=187524056

My challenge is this: I challenge Cranium to find ANY GODDAMN errors or purposely placed information of any sort, otherwise, Shut yur trap.

He can start here:
Cavalry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalry

24th Infantry Division (United States)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24th_Infantry_Division_(United_States)

Looks like someone has some homework.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
On more than one occasion, Cran has mentioned his distrust of Wiki, yet....yet he has utterly failed to show valid proof of Wiki's distrustful actions.
I said I distrust them. Yep.

Not long ago, editing a wiki as a prank was a popular geek game. I'm not talking about changing the description of the Moon to say its made of cheese but sneakily changing the spelling of a crater or a chemical name or in more overt cases the addition of made up FAKE scientific data.

Wiki HAS become a more robust place and has less instances of tampering since they initiated the trusted editor features.

My challenge is this: I challenge Cranium to find ANY GODDAMN errors or purposely placed information of any sort, otherwise, Shut yur trap.
At one time Wiki had much less stringent edit requirements and this led to all manner of shenanigans. NATIONAL news agencies were occasionally Rick Rolled and many a school project was refused when WIKI was cited as the source material.

Wiki has become the start and stop point for a lot of people researching a subject. This is dangerous when ANY one source is used as the definitive source.

Dumb asses stay dumb as shit when they refuse to venture out and investigate their own convictions.

Looks like someone has some homework.
I'll look at the links and will see what the hell you are on about..... fucking spaz.

4nik8

Herban Legend
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
Hick-ville
Evidence of errors?

How about the pages pages where there are almost as many [source?] comments as there are sentences...

That and the propagandist slant.

Some of the more controversial pages (the site creator is Jewish.. so take a wild guess about what all could be deemed as "controversial" by him) have been re-edited (read... cited rebuttals removed) and the page LOCKED.

I'll go there for some quick info to post on a board but if I were doing a paper... nope.
Maybe as an idea on where to start looking for sources but definitely not to USE as one.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Evidence of errors?

How about the pages pages where there are almost as many [source?] comments as there are sentences...

That and the propagandist slant.

Some of the more controversial pages (the site creator is Jewish.. so take a wild guess about what all could be deemed as "controversial" by him) have been re-edited (read... cited rebuttals removed) and the page LOCKED.

I'll go there for some quick info to post on a board but if I were doing a paper... nope.
Maybe as an idea on where to start looking for sources but definitely not to USE as one.

Talk talk talk. That's all I see. You may be right, but where's the proof? That's all I'm asking. Valid, factual, real proof, with links.
Thanks.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Whats your point?
It's in the first post.

"On more than one occasion, Cran has mentioned his distrust of Wiki, yet....yet he has utterly failed to show valid proof of Wiki's distrustful actions."

and

"My challenge is this: I challenge Cranium to find ANY GODDAMN errors or purposely placed information of any sort, otherwise, Shut yur trap."

Dude, you need to have immaculate timing when doing this, but hey, I'm glad you've decided to mimic my better qualities.
Keep it up, little buddy.

SlimSkeeter

It's in the first post.

"On more than one occasion, Cran has mentioned his distrust of Wiki, yet....yet he has utterly failed to show valid proof of Wiki's distrustful actions."

and

"My challenge is this: I challenge Cranium to find ANY GODDAMN errors or purposely placed information of any sort, otherwise, Shut yur trap."

Dude, you need to have immaculate timing when doing this, but hey, I'm glad you've decided to mimic my better qualities.
Keep it up, little buddy.
Actually, I think I just need to throw a few rocks straight up in the air and stand under them. THEN, and only then will I get your "comedic timing" down pat.

But really, whats your point?

Titty

Proud White Boy
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Where the sun doesn't shine
Ahhh....I miss the good old days of unbridled fucking with what some mistook as legitimate informational sources.

I wish I could find the hilarious entry for EZ that was floating around on wikipedia a couple years back. Good times.