World's most dangerous bird

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
According to the Guinness Book of Records, the Cassowaries are the world’s most dangerous birds, capable of dealing fatal blows.
They are very unpredictable, aggressive creatures, especially if wounded or cornered.
The Cassowary lives in the rain forests of Australia and New Guinea and are actually pretty shy animals if undisturbed, but if you get to close and it thinks you’re a threat you could receive a bone-breaking kick or get sliced by its dagger-like sharp claws.

During WWII, soldiers stationed in New Guinea were warned to stay away from these birds, but some of them still became victims.
The Cassowary is also one of the most difficult animals to keep in the Zoo because of the frequent injuries suffered by Zoo keepers that look after them.

This bird can take care of itself, but, unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to help it very much against human cruelty and it is on the endangered species list, along with so many others…

[video=youtube;nOPVVdg8noc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOPVVdg8noc[/video]

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Any and all animals and insects in Australia are to be considered dangerous.
If they are not at least the biggest, they are the deadliest.

Ask Mr.D or Silly about some jumping spider that tries to jump at you and fuck you up.

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Any and all animals and insects in Australia are to be considered dangerous.
If they are not at least the biggest, they are the deadliest.

Ask Mr.D or Silly about some jumping spider that tries to jump at you and fuck you up.
Haha. I think the spider you are referring to is the Huntsman, which is actually one of our more harmless species of spider. It's the small ones that creep under your toilet seat and bite you in the ass you have to worry about!

As for the Cassowary.. let's just say I'd sooner start a fight with an Abo than a cassowary.

Lethal_Lefty

[P]resident
Jan 12, 2009
That fucker looks like it would feed a family of 30... I say we round up all of our inbred trailer trash here in America and ship them to the land down under and just enjoy the show.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I think it's kinda cute. Looks like it's part big shaggy dog, part crazy dino-reptile that attacks fatso in jurassic park, and part blue chicken.