Wow...Mother has twins from two different fathers

SittinGrumpy

This is very possible, in fact this happened to a friend of mine.

SlimSkeeter

Skanky bitch. Why can't people be faithful and honest with those that love them?
Because people can't open up enough to actually trust their partner, which leads to jealousy, which drives a wedge into relationship after relationship until people just skip the relationship altogether and fuck like rabbits with no regard to the consequences.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
Because people can't open up enough to actually trust their partner, which leads to jealousy, which drives a wedge into relationship after relationship until people just skip the relationship altogether and fuck like rabbits with no regard to the consequences.
Well, I suppose I knew that already. I just don't get it. That's the way kids behave, ffs.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
I don't "get it" either, don't worry. Seems like a great way to stay hurt for a long time.
Absolutely right. But surely there must come a time when these kind of people think "What am I doing wrong?". And usually the answer is, basically, being a victim and inflicting others with your problems.

At what age do (you think) people stop acting like this? Because in my opinion it's a juvenile way to behave. Why do some people never overcome this stage? Blinkered, self-centered, lazy, conceited, and usually with addictive personality disorder (ie booze or drugs).

SlimSkeeter

Absolutely right. But surely there must come a time when these kind of people think "What am I doing wrong?". And usually the answer is, basically, being a victim and inflicting others with your problems.

At what age do (you think) people stop acting like this? Because in my opinion it's a juvenile way to behave. Why do some people never overcome this stage? Blinkered, self-centered, lazy, conceited, and usually with addictive personality disorder (ie booze or drugs).
I don't think its particularly an age. I think that whenever someone finally realizes that his/her problems aren't external and they have nobody to blame but themselves they may be able to snap out of it. For me, it was when someone came along that made me actually feel good about myself for no other reason than that I was me. That got me thinking that maybe the shit going down around my ears could be prevented if I quit being self destructive.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
I don't think its particularly an age. I think that whenever someone finally realizes that his/her problems aren't external and they have nobody to blame but themselves they may be able to snap out of it. For me, it was when someone came along that made me actually feel good about myself for no other reason than that I was me. That got me thinking that maybe the shit going down around my ears could be prevented if I quit being self destructive.
Granted - we are all a tad self-destructive in the teen years (sometimes more toward the late twenties... wtfe) but why would it take a significant other to make a person wake up and smell the fucking coffee? Death awaits.

One life. One chance. Do it hooked up or alone, but do it right.

SlimSkeeter

Granted - we are all a tad self-destructive in the teen years (sometimes more toward the late twenties... wtfe) but why would it take a significant other to make a person wake up and smell the fucking coffee? Death awaits.

One life. One chance. Do it hooked up or alone, but do it right.
Ah, but it was not a significant other, my dear. Just a real friend who happened to figuratively slap me upside the back of the head and tell me to knock it the fuck off.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I believe it's a combination of that and the way people are being brought up in a blame shifting society. These days most folks are under the impression that if they go from one failed relationship to another that it must be the other persons fault in the relationship. It's like they know for a fact that they themselves aren't prefect, yet they expect the person they are with to be totally flawless so it makes it harder to forgive others short comings.

If all of your ex's were abusive skanks or manwhores then you need to stop and reevaluate the type of person you go for and why you go for them. Some folks are just drama queers that constantly need to feel like the victim in order to feel like they are a good person.

There are also the fairytale type that believe that they deserve a devoted prince charming waiting for them at home, but at the same time they also want to 'live' and living tends to lead folks to be unfaithful weather it be sexually or mentally because they start taking their partners for granted.
Relationships are a lot of work to keep going strong, but again, most folks have the mentality that they don't have to work for it if it was 'meant to be'.

It's tragic really because most folks tend to think having children with their partners will somehow make their love stronger, but they do it when relationships are still in their infancy and when shit goes awry the 'love child' ends up suffering more for their mistakes. Kids learn about how relationships work from watching their parents, and if their parents don't have all of their shit together then it's likely that their offspring will turn out just as twisted relationship wise. Then the cycle goes on and on until you come to the present day and nobody knows how to truly love anybody other than themselves anymore.

It's kind of depressing if you think about it...

SlimSkeeter

I believe it's a combination of that and the way people are being brought up in a blame shifting society. These days most folks are under the impression that if they go from one failed relationship to another that it must be the other persons fault in the relationship. It's like they know for a fact that they themselves aren't prefect, yet they expect the person they are with to be totally flawless so it makes it harder to forgive others short comings.

If all of your ex's were abusive skanks or manwhores then you need to stop and reevaluate the type of person you go for and why you go for them. Some folks are just drama queers that constantly need to feel like the victim in order to feel like they are a good person.

There are also the fairytale type that believe that they deserve a devoted prince charming waiting for them at home, but at the same time they also want to 'live' and living tends to lead folks to be unfaithful weather it be sexually or mentally because they start taking their partners for granted.
Relationships are a lot of work to keep going strong, but again, most folks have the mentality that they don't have to work for it if it was 'meant to be'.

It's tragic really because most folks tend to think having children with their partners will somehow make their love stronger, but they do it when relationships are still in their infancy and when shit goes awry the 'love child' ends up suffering more for their mistakes. Kids learn about how relationships work from watching their parents, and if their parents don't have all of their shit together then it's likely that their offspring will turn out just as twisted relationship wise. Then the cycle goes on and on until you come to the present day and nobody knows how to truly love anybody other than themselves anymore.

It's kind of depressing if you think about it...
I touched on the same idea in a response to that heelarious article you posted, as did Josie just before me.