YIM

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Did Yahoo send this out to everyone... or is it really a sampling for the users who use YIM more than average?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Please accept this special award for your dedication to Messenger.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] You’ve worked your fingers off to be one of the few chosen as Messenger Power Users. Now bask in the spotlight with these exclusive benefits.

Anyways, I thought it was weird. And if it really is for people who talk too much, I'm embarrassed, hehe.
[/FONT]

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Lucky fuckers. I seem to get at least one spam IM a day. Usually it contains either a seemly nothing message (as in, just the bot's name appears in an IM window), or a random string of characters with a link somewhere in it.
This came as an email. I get spam IMs too. "Twattermauffen, check out this awesome link!"

*eyeroll*

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
This came as an email. I get spam IMs too. "Twattermauffen, check out this awesome link!"

*eyeroll*
Don't even get me started on spam email. I switched from Yahoo Mail to Gmail simply because I was getting over 50 spam messages in my Yahoo INBOX daily. The "Spam" folder (that's SUPPOSED to catch all of the spam) would get over 150 spam messages a day, and often end up the receiving end of legitimate emails. Since I have a slow internet connection here, you can imagine the frustration of sorting through 200 messages a day to find emails that I actually wanted to read.

Gmail, on the other hand, never catches legitimate emails in its spam folder, and spam never comes in the inbox (my experience so far, anyway).

Switching from Yahoo Messenger to Google Talk or something is a bit more difficult, since a lot of people I know only use Yahoo, etc. I hate proprietary bullshit regarding communication methods.

Shade

I fucking rule!
Mar 20, 2008
Nowhere
Don't even get me started on spam email. I switched from Yahoo Mail to Gmail simply because I was getting over 50 spam messages in my Yahoo INBOX daily. The "Spam" folder (that's SUPPOSED to catch all of the spam) would get over 150 spam messages a day, and often end up the receiving end of legitimate emails. Since I have a slow internet connection here, you can imagine the frustration of sorting through 200 messages a day to find emails that I actually wanted to read.

Gmail, on the other hand, never catches legitimate emails in its spam folder, and spam never comes in the inbox (my experience so far, anyway).

Switching from Yahoo Messenger to Google Talk or something is a bit more difficult, since a lot of people I know only use Yahoo, etc. I hate proprietary bullshit regarding communication methods.
hahaha, yea i hear that. I broke 5k unread emails a week or two ago. I usualy clean it out once a year.