Your perception of people

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
I think I give people in this world too much credit for intelligent thought or really just the basic ability to comprehend and understand everyday situations. I generally assume people have a fairly good ability to judge things and make decisions based on observations and experience. Man. . am I wrong. There are just a lot of stupid ass people in this world. I just never realized it.

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
What is it with people on the internet always bringing up "intelligence" when it comes to judging other people? Intelligence is by no means a measure of success or social status. Some of the world's most successful and affluent people are successful for other reasons, such as pure luck.

People don't always base their decisions on "intelligent thought". Some gamble. Some aren't bothered at the time to think about the decision in-depth.

From my observations, the people that think too much are usually quite depressed and reclusive, and often spend hours each day on internet forums in search for "intellectual conversation". Go figure!

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
What is it with people on the internet always bringing up "intelligence" when it comes to judging other people? Intelligence is by no means a measure of success or social status. Some of the world's most successful and affluent people are successful for other reasons, such as pure luck.

People don't always base their decisions on "intelligent thought". Some gamble. Some aren't bothered at the time to think about the decision in-depth.

From my observations, the people that think too much are usually quite depressed and reclusive, and often spend hours each day on internet forums in search for "intellectual conversation". Go figure!
I really meant common sense and not scholarly. I think people get tunnel vision so to speak and can't see the greater picture.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I think I give people in this world too much credit for intelligent thought or really just the basic ability to comprehend and understand everyday situations. I generally assume people have a fairly good ability to judge things and make decisions based on observations and experience. Man. . am I wrong. There are just a lot of stupid ass people in this world. I just never realized it.
I'm not really sure what to add to this. You expressed both viewpoints as your own in a single post.
So I'll just add this, relevant or not:
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow." -Kay- (Men in Black)

Titty

Proud White Boy
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Where the sun doesn't shine
I've come to the conclusion that 99% of humans are lazy, incompetent, boorish cunts who'd be of more use to the world in the form of fertilizer than their present state.

I didn't always hold such a dim view of people. I used to opine of my fellow man as typically able, honest, trustworthy, and in custody of a functioning moral compass. It's only over the past 15 years or so that I've found such assumptions to be exceedingly naive.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
We are the men in black... black... black - Oh! Hi, er.. uh...

When I meet people I really try to give them the benefit of the doubt - and when other people gossip or bitch about someone, I wait to make my own judgments. This has been serving me very well lately.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
When I meet people I really try to give them the benefit of the doubt - and when other people gossip or bitch about someone, I wait to make my own judgments. This has been serving me very well lately.
I would have to agree with that as being my 'moral compass'.

I try not to underestimate nor overestimate people. Getting rid of preconceived ideas helps out a lot as well.

What gets me the most in this part of the world is the lack of good manners in public. Too much of the 'all for me and me for all' selfish mentality.

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
I've come to the conclusion that 99% of humans are lazy, incompetent, boorish cunts who'd be of more use to the world in the form of fertilizer than their present state.

I didn't always hold such a dim view of people. I used to opine of my fellow man as typically able, honest, trustworthy, and in custody of a functioning moral compass. It's only over the past 15 years or so that I've found such assumptions to be exceedingly naive.

What High School did you go to? I think I used to beat you up and take your lunch money.

SlimSkeeter

Ignorance is acceptable, stupidity is not.

Also, the Golden Rule is in effect at all times. I treat people the way I expect to be treated.

Those are some of the filters with which I see the world.