Your thoughts...

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
The US (as well as others around the world) economy's shaky state, coupled with Mexico's growing lack of control are the two reasons I am in Alaska and also why I have ZERO issues with my husband joining the military and possibly becoming a Navy SEAL.

I am concerned about Russia - being that Alaska is right next door, but I think I'll be tucked away in the lower 48 and on some Naval/Army/Airforce Base by then.

Yeah, I'm a little paranoid, but I unfortunately have not been proven wrong yet.

When we left Texas, everyone swore up and down that we were insane to think Mexico would destabilize to a scary existence and that that would spill over to us. Now Mexico is making headlines (as it should have a year ago).

Everyone also told me I was insane for believing we were heading for a depression. "Everything's FINE, Eskimo!" Pffft.

Now, Alaska's cost of living is very high - HOWEVER, if it comes down to it, this is the perfect place for me to be if food transport fails/currency becomes nill.

It wouldn't be easy, but we would make it just fine, especially since I have a lot of Native Family, and the small villages have virtually no "white" policing and it's more the "law of the land". That is what I would be looking for. If you need to kill a motherfucker, who's gonna cuff ya?

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Just a few of MY thoughts, in no particular order:
-It will get worse, much worse, before it gets better.
-Obama can't do shit about it so stop asking/hoping/praying for him to fix the global economy.
-The psyche of America needs to change before the economy can. When did people start thinking that living off credit, borrowed money, was a good idea?
-The hypocritical media is fueling fear, and yet expects a quick fix; as if what is happening now is a common recession smudge on the infinitely expanding economy. Permanent economic stagnation may never be seen by any of us, but for shit sakes, something has to give. Infinite exponential economic growth is simply impossible.

-Whenever there is a massive rift between the "haves" and the "have-nots" to the point that it incites public anger/outcry throughout the world, such as now, somebody pisses someone else off to the point that war breaks out. I expect WWIII within my lifetime.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
We already have two threads about this.

Why in hell did you not participate in them but you start a new one??!!
We also have a "quote" button, numbnuts, for those of us who can't be bothered scrolling up.

Why in hell did you not participate in it's usage??!!

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
We already have two threads about this.

Why in hell did you not participate in them but you start a new one??!!
Amythist's thread is more open - it has less direction to it. THIS means that more people will feel comfortable throwing in their two cents without trampling the topic line.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
The economy around the world WILL get worse and unfortunately living in Alaska or a remote country will not spare us.
The wealthy will survive this (even if they have to sell a couple of holiday mansions) but as usual, it is the poor and middle income earner that will go to the wall.
Now is the time for Service enlisters to have a field day, it makes sense for those with a brain to enlist for several years to secure their future prospects.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
The economy around the world WILL get worse and unfortunately living in Alaska or a remote country will not spare us.
Jeezus you're stupid and ugly.
What does living in Alaska have to do with anything?
Are you making a subtle jab at Josie?
What does living in a remote country have to do with anything and whose country of reference are you using as a perspective?

I live remotely from the USA and we feel it here, but we are also riding it out better.

The wealthy will survive this (even if they have to sell a couple of holiday mansions) but as usual, it is the poor and middle income earner that will go to the wall.
No fucking kidding.

Now is the time for Service enlisters to have a field day, it makes sense for those with a brain to enlist for several years to secure their future prospects.
You're one hell of a contradictory bitch. You state negatives about the "Service enlisters" in one post someplace and kiss their ass in another.

Disarmament talks are now taking place in Russia, major pull out in Iraq and less monetary supporting of NATO, you knuckle fuck.
Did you not get anything out of the latest G-20 talks??!!
Where have you been, besides stuck up your ass?

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Try and comprehend a post next time, before you continue to make a complete ass of yourself.
Comprehension is something you know nothing about.
On the other hand, lying, defilement of innocents, dodging issues is something you're shamefully good at.

Leave all topics about politics, economics and foreign policy untouched by your manly hairy knuckles, Ms. Fugly.

You would have been more convincing had you made a retort to my reply, supporting your statements about Alaska, remote countries and "Service enlisters".

Again, comprehension is something you completely lack.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
You would have been more convincing had you made a retort to my reply, supporting your statements about Alaska, remote countries and "Service enlisters".
Why? You couldn't possibly have the intelligence to understand that I knew what Josie meant.
She could survive off the land if money and the current grocery supply dried up, as she is in a better position to do so than others in other areas. My point was that it will still affect her and others everywhere.
If you don't like my having an opinion, and posting it, then why not fuck off back to Cog's forum where you begged and pleaded to be after you got banned from there. You seem to function better under a dictatorship as opposed to the democracy here.
Regardless of what you say, every member has the right to post what they believe, even someone as fucked up and full of lying bullshit like you.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Why? You couldn't possibly have the intelligence to understand that I knew what Josie meant.
She could survive off the land if money and the current grocery supply dried up, as she is in a better position to do so than others in other areas. My point was that it will still affect her and others everywhere.
If you don't like my having an opinion, and posting it, then why not fuck off back to Cog's forum where you begged and pleaded to be after you got banned from there. You seem to function better under a dictatorship as opposed to the democracy here.
Regardless of what you say, every member has the right to post what they believe, even someone as fucked up and full of lying bullshit like you.

Ahahahahaha!

I got you all riled up!
Did you shed blood on your keyboard as you pounded away that post?