yup. karma

suki

Family
Apr 1, 2008
as much as I WANTED to keep my ass in my jammies today and stay home...

I really needed to drop off a resume and run by the credit union to make a payment.

nothing doing.

I can't find my fucking car keys. if I wasn't knocked up I'd probably risk the road ride (and my life) and take my bike out.

nope. instead I'm going to take this as a blessing in disguise...

and take a nice hot bath...and maybe...JUST MAYBE a little walk later.

but probably not.

suki

Family
Apr 1, 2008
Re: yup. karma...

What does this have to do with Karma?

*resisting the urge to call you a douchebag*

because I was saying (complaining and whining, really) earlier that I didn't want to leave the house...no matter what.

I lost the ability to leave the house.

karmic, no?

Incognito

Family
Mar 11, 2008
Florida

*resisting the urge to call you a douchebag*

because I was saying (complaining and whining, really) earlier that I didn't want to leave the house...no matter what.

I lost the ability to leave the house.

karmic, no?
*resisting the urge to call you a lazy canker sore on the ass of society*

No, its not really karmic... but whatever you say.

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008

I can't see any evidence that there exsists such a thing as karma.

Occasionally, doing fucked up things results in fucked up consequences, but I'd hardly pin it to some cosmic force of justice. Most of what people call karma is nothing more than logic.

Act like a fuck-hole, get treated like one. That type of stuff. Also I've seen enough people not only get away with murder but profit from it as their sole means of income (figuratively speaking, of course) that it begs the question, when does this 'Karma' start to kick in exactly?

Likewise, I've seen plenty of good deeds go punished.

Am I just misunderstanding what karma is supposed to be, or what?

suki

Family
Apr 1, 2008

Occasionally, doing fucked up things results in fucked up consequences, but I'd hardly pin it to some cosmic force of justice. Most of what people call karma is nothing more than logic.

Act like a fuck-hole, get treated like one. That type of stuff. Also I've seen enough people not only get away with murder but profit from it as their sole means of income (figuratively speaking, of course) that it begs the question, when does this 'Karma' start to kick in exactly?

perhaps...or maybe karma is more of a fickle beast. much like faith healing, mind over matter and other meta-physical "stuff." open your eyes to the concept and you'll start to see examples of it all over the place. think its bunk...and you'll see alot of bunk.

I'm inclined to think that almost nobody uses the word karma in a strictly textbook sense...but much more colloquially.

I was thinking earlier (on the potty, no less) that I tend to use the word almost interchangably with "irony" whereas you chose "logic"

irony is better (or at least funnier).

so I win, boogie-eater.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!

lol, awesome.
It seems the closer that you live to a culture that believes or practices these things, the more real it is.

I'm not saying that if you live in Haiti, you'll see zombies, but voodoo may play more a part in your life. So, these things will be integrated more into your life, the more you are embedded withing the culture that practices these things.

I'm talking from my experience only.

Violet

Yaa!
Founder
Feb 28, 2014

It seems the closer that you live to a culture that believes or practices these things, the more real it is.

I'm not saying that if you live in Haiti, you'll see zombies, but voodoo may play more a part in your life. So, these things will be integrated more into your life, the more you are embedded withing the culture that practices these things.

I'm talking from my experience only.
You lost me.

So... are you saying you live in a culture of boogie-eaters?

Shade

I fucking rule!
Mar 20, 2008
Nowhere

Karma isn't suppose to have a time limit. It's not like if i do a good deed today i'll get rewarded in exactly 1 week. In a sense it can be stored up. Usually the people that are profiting from murder and negative karmatic things such as that usually end up getting either cought, killed, or live an unhappy life without such things as love, happiness, compassion, trust, honesty and integreity. In all honesty i've grown up along ALOT of rich ass buisnessman. 95% of the ones i have met are genuinely nice hard working guys. Very few of the typical 'bleed the working man' mentality. Though i get what your saying. An example of long term karma is black people. They where slaves for quite a bit. The karmatic consequences is that they made a shitty gang style culture, which the mentality has effected the modern scene, and changed alot of values. The very thing that the slave owners did not want. You keep a man working labor jobs forever, eventually they will take over the NBA. true story!

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008

In another thread I mentioned my "religion" which is a combination of many things.
I incorporate a belief in karma as in the Wiccan karma which states; “whatever energy a person puts out into the world, be it positive or negative, will be returned to that person three times,†although I am also impressed with the Bhuddist karma which holds, amongst other things, that there is an immediate and related change to your character.

I do not subscribe to the Christian belief that if you sin you go to hell.